- GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS: brownish heartwood, distinct from the light reddish brown sapwood. Rough tangential figure caused by radial parenchyma. Radial figure with wide and demarcated stripes with a very singular aspect. Distinct growth rings, grain straight, texture coarse, luster moderate, with not distinctive odor and taste.
- DENSITY: heavy wood, with density at 12% moisture content of 930 kg/m3 and green density of 1,240 kg/m3.
- DRYING: kiln-dries very rapidly, with a moderate tendency for pronounced cupping and a medium twisting when submitted to the drying schedule 3.
- WORKABILITY: plane: easy to work, regular finishing; sand: easy to work, regular finishing; turn; regular to work, good finishing; bore: regular to work, good finishing.
- DURABILITY: no information available.
- PRESERVATION: sapwood easy to be preserved with creosote and CCA-A with pressure-vaccum systems. Heartwood difficult to be preserved with CCA-A, even with pressure-vaccum systems.
- USES: civil construction, furniture, decorative household items, turnery, sliced veneers and others.