- GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS: heartwood pinkish gray not clearly demarcated from the lighter sapwood. (8) Figure with dark vascular lines. Grain wavy, texture coarse, disagreeable odor when wet, disappearing when dried, without distinctive taste. (8)
- DENSITY: light wood, with density at 12% moisture content of 520 kg/m3 and green density 900 kg/m3. (5)
- DRYING: air-dries with no defects. Easy and relatively fast kiln-dry. (8)
- WORKABILITY: moderately easy to saw, plan, nail and screw. (8) Rated as fair in steam bending characteristics. (8)
- DURABILITY: moderately resistant to fungi and insects. (8)
- PRESERVATION: heartwood and sapwood difficult to be preserved with water-borne preservative solutions, even with pressure-vaccum systems. (8)
- USES: carpentry, boats, plywood, sliced veneer, boxes and crates, furniture and others.