- GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS: heartwood slight distinct from the light reddish brown sapwood. Distinct growth rings, grain straight, texture medium, luster moderate and not distinctive odor.
- DENSITY: medium density wood, with density at 12% moisture content of 930 kg/m3 and green density of 1,180 kg/m3.
- DRYING: kiln-dries very rapid, with moderate tendency for pronounced twisting, when submitted to the drying schedule 1.
- WORKABILITY: plane: regular to work, bad finishing; sand: regular to work, bad finishing; torn: regular to work, excellent finishing.
- DURABILITY: no information available.
- PRESERVATION: sapwood easy to be preserved with creosote and CCA-A; heartwood not treatable with creosote and difficult to preserve with CCA-A, even with pressure-vaccum systems.
- USES: civil and naval construction, boats, turnery, boards and others.