- GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS: indistinct heartwood and sapwood olive yellow to light yellowish brown. Figure with dark stripes in the tangential surface caused by the wavy, regular and well demarcated growth rings. Grain interlocked, texture medium, luster high and not distinctive odor.
- DENSITY: medium density wood, with density at 12% moisture content of 670 kg/m3 and green density of 1,120 kg/m3.
- DRYING: kiln-dries moderately slow, with tendency for moderate to pronounced checking, when submitted to the drying schedule 1.
- WORKABILITY: slightly difficult to saw and difficult to plane, resulting in rough tangential and radial surfaces. Easy and good finishing boring.
- DURABILITY: no information available.
- PRESERVATION: difficult to be preserved, with low retention of preservative solution.
- USES: civil and naval construction, furniture components, boards, boxes, crates and others.