- GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS: white, slightly yellowish heartwood, slightly distinct from the lighter sapwood. Grain interlocked, texture coarse, irregularly bright and rough surface, not distinctive odor and taste. (24)
- DENSITY: medium density wood, with density at 12% moisture content of 800 kg/m3.
- DRYING: no information available.
- WORKABILITY: excellent to plane; good to turn and bore; bad to sand.
- DURABILITY: highly resistant to wood-degraders organisms. (24)
- PRESERVATION: low permeability to preservative solutions even with pressure-vaccum systems. (24)
- USES: shingles and shakes, flooring, posts, fencing, railroad crossties and others. (24)