- GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS: indistinct yellow heartwood and sapwood. Distinct growth rings, grain straight or interlocked, texture medium to fine, luster moderate and not distinctive odor.
- DENSITY: medium density wood, with density at 12% moisture content of 810 kg/m3 and the green density of 1,200 kg/m3.
- DRYING: air-dries with a pronounced tendency to warp. Kiln dries rapidly with a slight tendency for pronounced twisting, when submitted to the drying schedule 4.
- WORKABILITY: difficult to plane, but easy to sand, turn and bore. Excellent finishing. Good to nail.
- DURABILITY: very good resistance to fungi and termites; good resistance to dry-wood insects. (5)
- PRESERVATION: not treatable with creosote or CCA-A, even with pressure-vaccum systems.
- USES: furniture, naval construction, turnery, flooring, bridges and others.