- GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS: indistinct heartwood and sapwood white to yellowish white. Slightly distinct growth rings, grain straight, texture medium, luster moderate and not distinctive odor.
- DENSITY: light wood, with density at 12% moisture content of 370 kg/m3 and the green density of 840 kg/m3.
- DRYING: kiln-dries very rapidly, with tendency for moderate twisting when submitted to the drying schedule 1.
- WORKABILITY: good to saw and plane and easy to nail and screw. Finishes well with paint and varnish. (8)
- DURABILITY: perishable in ground contact and vulnerable to insect and blue stain fungi. (6)
- PRESERVATION: easy to be preserved with pressure-vaccum systems.
- USES: carpentry, interior trim, furniture, plywood, sliced veneers, boxes, crates and others.