- GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS: indistinct yellowish brown to reddish heartwood and sapwood. Distinct and irregular growth rings, grain straight to interlocked, texture medium, luster moderate and not distinctive odor.
- DENSITY: light wood, with density at 12% moisture content of 540 kg/m3 and the green density of 1,080 kg/m3.
- DRYING: kiln-dries rapidly with tendency for checking and cupping, when submitted to the drying schedule 1.
- WORKABILITY: easy to saw and plane, allowing smooth surfaces. The wood contains a dark brown resin.
- DURABILITY: no information available.
- PRESERVATION: sapwood easy and heartwood very difficult to be preserved with pressure-vaccum systems.
- USES: framing, interior trim, wall partitions, furniture, plywood, boxes crates and others.