- GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS: light gray heartwood slightly distinct from the sapwood. Distinct growth rings, grains interlocked, texture medium, luster moderate and not distinctive odor.
- DENSITY: medium density wood, with density at 12% moisture content of 680 kg/m3 and the green density of 1,140 kg/m3.
- DRYING: air-dries well without defects. (16)
- WORKABILITY: moderately hard to cut. Easily turned, allowing regular finishing with tendency to torn and fuzzy surface. Good gluing. (16)
- DURABILITY: moderately resistant to dry-wood termites. (6)
- PRESERVATION: no information available.
- USES: civil and naval construction, furniture components, plywood, packaging and others.