- GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS: heartwood brown to reddish brown or pinkish red with dark or purplish streaks. P. ulei heartwood is light colored that the heartwood of P. duckei. Sapwood narrow and light colored. Grain interlocked, texture medium, luster moderate, rough surface, not distinctive odor and taste. (21)
- DENSITY: heavy wood, with density at 12% moisture content of 880 kg/m3.
- DRYING: no information available.
- WORKABILITY: easy to work. Finishes well. (21)
- DURABILITY: durable.
- PRESERVATION: no information available.
- USES: furniture, cabinet work, parquet flooring, billiard cues, carpentry, musical instruments and others.