- GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS: heartwood light yellowish brown, slightly distinct from the narrow sapwood. Grain straight or interlocked, texture medium, luster moderate, sweaty odor when freshly cut, disappearing after drying and not distinctive taste.
- DENSITY: medium density wood, with density at 12% moisture content of 650 kg/m3 and the green density of 1,050 kg/m3.
- DRYING: slow and difficult to air-dry due to the presence of essence oils, but with no checking or warping. Kiln-dries very slowly, with a tendency for cupping and twisting, when submitted to the drying schedule 1.
- WORKABILITY: easy sawing, planing, peeling into veneers, turning, gluing, nailing, and screwing. Finishes well.
- DURABILITY: resistant to fungi, termites and boring insects.
- PRESERVATION: low permeability to preservative solutions, even with pressure-vaccum systems.
- USES: furniture, civil construction, door and window sashes, planks, framing, decorative objects, plywood, sliced veneers and others.