- GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS: heartwood brownish pink, with wide and high rays, giving a characteristic figure, distinct from the pale brown sapwood. Grain wavy, texture coarse, not distinctive odor and taste. (24)
- DENSITY: medium density wood, with density at 12% moisture content of 670 kg/m3.
- DRYING: due to high volumetric and tangential shrinkage and wavy grain, drying must be carefully supervised. (16)
- WORKABILITY: easy to work.
- DURABILITY: low to resistance to wood-degraders organisms. (24) The wood must be used dry and indoors.
- PRESERVATION: due to its anatomic structure, the wood is expected to present low absorption of preservative solutions, even with pressure-vaccum systems.
- USES: furniture, sliced veneers, decorative articles, turnery and others.