- GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS: heartwood yellowish brown or very pale brown distinct from the less colored olive yellow or pale yellow sapwood. Slightly distinct growth rings, grain straight or interlocked, texture medium luster pronounced or lacking, according to the species, and agreeable odor.
- DENSITY: medium density wood, with density at 12% moisture content of 700 kg/m3 and the green density of 1,000 kg/m3.
- DRYING: kiln-dries moderately rapid, with a moderate tendency for medium cupping and pronounced checking and twisting, when submitted to the drying schedule 1.
- WORKABILITY: excellent working properties with machine or hand tools. (6) Glues well and gives an excellent finishing. (6)
- DURABILITY: resistant to fungi and slightly resistant to dry-wood termites. (6)
- PRESERVATION: difficult to be preserved with preservative solutions, even with pressure-vaccum systems.
- USES: civil construction, boatbuilding, furniture, domestic utility articles, panelling, boxes and crates, plywood and others.