- GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS: heartwood light brown to brown distinct from the pale yellow sapwood. Slightly distinct growth rings, grain straight to interlocked, texture medium to coarse, luster moderate and not distinctive odor.
- DENSITY: light wood, with density at 12% moisture content of 600 kg/m3 and green density of 1,130 kg/m3.
- DRYING: kiln-dries rapidly to very rapidly, with a slight tendency for medium checking and moderate cupping, when submitted to the drying schedule 1.
- WORKABILITY: plane: easy to work, bad finishing; sand: easy to work, regular finishing and bore: easy to work, when submitted to the drying schedule 1.
- DURABILITY: laboratory tests reported moderate resistance to decay fungi and low resistance to termites. (24)
- PRESERVATION: sapwood very easy to be preserved with creosote and CCA-A, with pressure-vaccum systems. Heartwood not treatable with both preservative solutions.
- USES: civil construction, boatbuilding, furniture, decorative household goods, toys, household utensils, plywood and others.