- GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS: heartwood brown to pinkish brown slightly distinct from the light brown sapwood. Slightly distinct growth rings, grain wavy to straight, texture fine, luster moderate and not distinctive odor.
- DENSITY: medium density wood, with density at 12% moisture content of 790 kg/m3 and green density of 1,210 kg/m3.
- DRYING: air-dries rapidly with a tendency for moderate springing and slight to moderate checking. (6)
- WORKABILITY: easy turning and boring, finishing well in both operations.
- DURABILITY: moderately resistant to white-rot fungi and very resistant to brown-rot fungi. (6) Susceptible to dry-wood termites. (6)
- PRESERVATION: sapwood moderately easy to be preserved. (6)
- USES: civil construction, turnery, furniture, decorative household items, toys, household utensils, paneling and others.