- GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS: heartwood light reddish brown distinct from the light gray to light grayish brown sapwood. Distinct growth rings, grain straight to interlocked, texture medium, luster lacking and not distinctive odor.
- DENSITY: light wood, with density at 12% moisture content of 570 kg/m3 and green density of 1,110 kg/m3.
- DRYING: kiln-dries rapidly, with tendency for moderate cupping, when submitted to the drying schedule 1, and with a moderate tendency for medium checking and twisting, when submitted to the drying schedule 3.
- WORKABILITY: easy to plane, saw and sand. It does not finish well.
- DURABILITY: low resistance against wood-degraders organisms. (24)
- PRESERVATION: sapwood and heartwood very easy to be preserved with creosote and CCA-A with pressure-vaccum systems.
- USES: civil and naval constructions, boats, furniture, framing, paneling, boxes and crates, furniture components and others.