- GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS: heartwood reddish yellow, distinct from the pink sapwood. Distinct growth rings, grain interlocked, texture medium, luster lacking and not distinctive odor.
- DENSITY: medium density wood, with density at 12% moisture content of 820 kg/m3 and green density of 1,220 kg/m3.
- DRYING: kiln-dries very rapidly, with a slight tendency for a pronounced end checking and a moderate tendency for a pronounced twisting, when submitted to the drying schedule 2.
- WORKABILITY: plane: easy to work, excellent finishing; sand: easy to work, good finishing; turn: easy to work, excellent finishing; and bore: easy to work, excellent finishing.
- DURABILITY: very good resistance to fungi and termites and good resistance to dry-wood insects, and medium resistance against termites. (5)
- PRESERVATION: very easy to be preserved with creosote and CCA-A, even with pressure-vaccum systems.
- USES: carpentry, furniture, flooring and others.