- GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS: heartwood and sapwood slightly distinct, light pinkish brown. Grain interlocked texture medium and luster moderate.
- DENSITY: light wood, with density at 12% moisture content of 520 kg/m3 and green density of 955 kg/m3
- DRYING: kiln-dries rapidly, with a tendency for moderate to pronounced checking, and moderate cupping and twisting, when submitted to the drying schedule 1.
- WORKABILITY: easy to saw. Rated as moderately easy in planing, presenting rough radial surfaces.
- DURABILITY: no information available
- PRESERVATION: heartwood difficult and sapwood moderately easy to be preserved, with pressure-vaccum systems.
- USES: civil construction, boxes and crates, furniture, wall partitions and others.